Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I Cry

My life moves
as a constant
and in one motion.
There is a rhythm
nearly indistinguishable.
Its match
outside of me
is absent.
The rhythm against which
I measure myself
is silent.
I am alone.
I move without purpose.
Or I stand still.


I want to bury myself
deep inside the earth.
I crave the warm womb
the protection of the mother.
I yearn to be born again - reborn.
I long to feel the heat
of the sun in my bones.
The force of the wind
pummeling my body
and penetrating my soul.


I wish to speak with the moon
when the skies are dark.
To hold her in my arms
and protect her.


I wish to stand tall
high above the world.
To take in life
and gaze upon it
until they can see
and know
that they are loved.


I wish to be the earth
that upon which the world walks.
To open my arms
and hold humanity
in an embrace of absolute love.

I cry.

From a sadness so great
it threatens to explode me
into millions of tiny pieces.
From a love so deep
it cannot be contained.
I cry.

2 comments:

  1. Your poem reminds me of a chapter in the Bible, the book of John, chapter 3, talks about being born again..."Nicodemus said to him, 'How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born? Jesus answered, "Truly I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I say to you, You must be born anew." John 3:4-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I really like the connection. Thank you for sharing. xoxox

    ReplyDelete