Thursday, February 12, 2009

the state of things

Today I started a new group in Facebook.

I get that it doesn't replace standing on street corners and knocking on doors.

I get that it's a passive act. But sometimes a small act is better than no act, and often the greatest of acts follow baby steps.

I get that it won't necessarily make me the most popular girl on the quad. But there are far more important things in this life, on this planet, in this world than what others think of little old me.

My question is, what the HELL does the governor of this state think about when he sits down with his family at night? When he watches the news and reads the papers? When he lays his head down on the pillow at night, what bedtime stories does he tell himself in order to be able to go to sleep?

Today I started a new group on Facebook.

Today I took action.

No comments:

Post a Comment